Bungie's

Van shaped ambulances or box ambulances with van fronts. Aka, Type II & III ambos.
Bungie4

Bungie's

Post by Bungie4 »

Haven't started the actual build yet as we still have close to 2' of snow on the ground but i did manage pick up a 4 burner stove with oven out of a scraped trailer. Everything works and it fires right up. A little scrubbing with a Mr Clean pad got it passed my wife's inspection.
Saved close to a $1000 over buying one new.

SWMBO also mentioned the need for a microwave. Something that didn't even cross my mind. I managed to pick up a 700 watt, .7cuft one from Walmart today for 58 bucks.

Tomorrow, with a little luck i can pick up some plywood to start the bed. Word has it that theirs a lumber shortage because of covid.
IMG_20210303_151723.jpg
IMG_20210303_151723.jpg (49.86 KiB) Viewed 141 times

GeneticMaker

Re: Bungie's

Post by GeneticMaker »

looking forward to updates!

Share some pics of how it looks now too.

Bungie4

Post by Bungie4 »

It's tough to find lumber. I finally found some 3/4 inch maple and picked up 5 sheets.

Interesting note; with the attendant seat in, you can lay a 4x8 sheet flat. But only just. I had to lift one end a couple of inches to clear the stretcher 'trippers' by the back door. Temps are supposed to warm up over the next week, maybe I'll actually be able to started.

GeneticMaker

Post by GeneticMaker »

How much was it per sheet? I assume 4x8 sheets?

Now that you've bought your maple, did you consider Baltic Birch Ply? That's what I'm using.

Bungie4

Post by Bungie4 »

GeneticMaker wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:13 pm
How much was it per sheet? I assume 4x8 sheets?

Now that you've bought your maple, did you consider Baltic Birch Ply? That's what I'm using.
$71ea. 4x8

No Baltic, no birch, no oak but they had some G1S spruce construction grade and some OSB

Bungie4

Post by Bungie4 »

Just a little update. I still haven't started. Housing prices have spiked (at least, it appears that way) so I'm in process of selling my house. Throw a couple of weeks for moving and i should be able to get started by May. I plan on being semi-retired and on the road by July.